Other Inbound Pathways

If you are from one of our partner institutions, you may be eligible to come to the University of Toronto (U of T) on exchange. Please explore this option FIRST by speaking with your home institution’s exchange/study abroad office and by reading through our eligibility and application information.

If you are not from one of our partner institutions, there are a few other ways you can come to U of T for a short duration of time (one or two semesters). You can explore these options below.

International Visiting Graduate Student (IVGS)

The International Visiting Graduate Student (IVGS) Program provides international students the opportunity to participate in short-term graduate research activities with professors at the University of Toronto. This program is administered through the School of Graduate Studies (SGS). For more information about the IVGS program, contact sgs.international@utoronto.ca or visit the School of Graduate Studies in person.

English Language Program

The English Language Program offers English language courses through the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies.

Woodsworth College Visiting Students Program

Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a recognized degree-granting institution and who wish to take Faculty of Arts & Science courses at the St. George Campus can apply through the Woodsworth College Visiting Students Program.

Non-Degree Application

Some Faculties allow students who are not pursuing a degree at U of T to take courses for credit. Please visit the Apply to U of T webpage for complete details on applying as a non-degree student.

Mitacs Programs

For Mitacs Globalink Research Award (GRA) questions, email GlobalinkAward@utoronto.ca.

Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) is administered by Mitacs. Please follow the guidelines provided by Mitacs and email helpdesk@mitacs.ca if you have any questions.