The University of Toronto has engaged with top universities around the globe, to offer a unique opportunity to deliver a 4-week unpaid internship that will help you boost your employability on the global work market. This program will provide you with the opportunity to also develop your international experience, intercultural & communication skills and improve your project management techniques.
You will be working with students from around the world on an international project proposed by a company or NGO for 4 weeks starting at the end of June into July . Your participation will require a few hours of your time per week, including both synchronous online international activities, and personal activities.
You will learn to:
- Work collaboratively globally
- Build your CV and improve your employability skills
- Find out more about yourself and explore career options
- Gain a global network of friends and meet potential employers
The universities involved are the University of Warwick (England), the University of Toronto (Canada), Cornell University (USA), Hong Kong University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China). At the end of the internship, you will receive a certificate from the University of Warwick for your participation in the program.
- Last week of April – May: intercultural workshops, webinars, and icebreaking activities with your fellow teammates across the globe.
- May – June: participating students will be allocated a real-life project and a global team. This period will be used for introductions, initial meetings and project briefs.
- Last week of June – July: global teams will work together on their project.
Please note that the internship is unpaid.
The internship is open to all U of T undergraduate students in their first degree program
, . We welcome applications from domestic and international students , from all disciplines and all year groups. You just need an interest in gaining a global perspective and intercultural skills to help you stand out in applications and interviews for roles in Canada and beyond. Students applying to the program must have a minimum cGPA of 2.25.
We will be hosting an information session in February.
The application form will be available in early 2024
Application Deadline: TBC
Results Announced: By end of March
If you would like more information about this internship experience, please feel free to ask your questions. Please make sure to contact us at email@example.com using your U of T email address.
Institution: Multiple institutions
Accepting Applications: Yes
Run By: CIE
For Credit: No
Requirements: Minimum cGPA: 2.25
Language of Study: English
Level of Study: Undergrad
Subjects Available at Host: All
Program Type: Experiential Learning
Tuition & Incidentals: None
Program Fees: None
Funding: No funding available