The University of Toronto has engaged with top universities around the globe, to offer a unique opportunity to deliver a 4-week internship that will help you boost your employability on the global work market. This program will provide you with the opportunity to also develop your international experience, intercultural & communication skills and improve your project management techniques.
You will be working with students from around the world on an international project proposed by a company or NGO for 4 weeks starting at the end of June into July. Your participation will require a few hours of your time per week, including both synchronous online international activities, and personal activities.
You will learn to:
– Work collaboratively globally
– Build your CV and improve your employability skills
– Find out more about yourself and explore career options
– Gain a global network of friends and meet potential employers
The universities involved are: the University of Warwick (England), the University of Toronto (Canada), Cornell University (USA), Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China) and IIT Delhi (India). At the end of the internship, you will receive a certificate from the University of Warwick for your participation in the program.
Timeline (may be subject to adjustments):
– Last week of April – May: intercultural workshops, webinars, and icebreaking activities with your fellow teammates across the globe.
– May – June: participating students will be allocated a real-life project and a global team. This period will be used for introductions, initial meetings and project briefs.
– Last week of June – July: global teams will work together on their project.
Please note that the internship is unpaid.
The internship is open to all U of T students, domestic and international, from all disciplines and all year groups. You just need an interest in gaining a global perspective and intercultural skills to help you stand out in applications and interviews for roles in Canada and beyond.
Visit the TeamWork webpages to learn about timelines and application processes