U of T Engineering is a thriving community that provides unparalleled experiential learning opportunities and produces some of the world’s most innovative engineering research. U of T Engineering consistently places first in Canada and as one of the top schools in the world across all rankings.
Exchange students admitted to the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering may take courses from any programs within the Faculty:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mineral Engineering
- Engineering Science
COMPUTER SCIENCE VS. COMPUTER ENGINEERING
For students interested in studying Computer Science (Faculty of Arts & Science) and/or Computer Engineering (Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering) at U of T, please read the following options for choosing the most appropriate faculty:
Option 1: Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- Access to Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) courses.
- Access to other U of T Engineering courses.
- Limited access to Arts & Science courses:
- Can enrol in up to two Faculty of Arts & Science courses per term, but no enrolment priority is given to Engineering students in these courses.
- Cannot enrol in any Arts & Science Computer Science (CSC) courses.
- A list of other restricted Arts & Science courses is made available in June each year.
- Required to enrol in a minimum of four courses and maximum of five courses per term.
- Only offered on St. George campus.
Option 2: Faculty of Arts and Science
- Access to Arts & Science Computer Science (CSC) courses
- Cannot enrol in courses offered by the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering (including ECE).
- Access to other Arts & Science courses.
- Required to be enrol in minimum of three courses and a maximum of five courses per term.
- Choose from one of the three campuses: George, Mississauga and Scarborough.