A top 10 global university centered in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is Singapore’s flagship university, which offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. NUS has 17 faculties and schools across three campuses. Students have participated in research programs in Science, Pharmacology and Toxicology and, Cell and System Biology.
Credit equivalency: 40 credits = 5.0 credits at UofT. Students will complete 8 local credits (1.0 FCE UofT). Engineering students are not eligible for transfer credits. Students approved for CSB397Y0, PCL397Y0, or HMB394Y0 will receive a UofT credit.
Pre-approved credit: CSB397Y0, PCL397Y0, HMB394Y
Research projects: SERIUS (Engineering students); Summer UROPS/URAPS (UTSG, UTM, and UTSC students)
Participating Departments for UROPS
- Department of Biological Sciences: https://www.dbs.nus.edu.sg/staff/faculty-by-research/biophysical-sciences/
- Department of Chemistry: https://chemistry.nus.edu.sg/research/research-areas/
- Department of Mathematics: https://www.math.nus.edu.sg/research/research-overview/
- Department of Pharmacy: https://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/research/
- Department of Physics: https://www.physics.nus.edu.sg/research/introduction/
- Department of Statistics & Data Science: https://www.stat.nus.edu.sg/people/faculty-members/
- Department of Anatomy: http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/ant/Directory/Acad/index.html
- Department of Biochemistry: https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/bch/
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology: http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/mbio/
- Department of Physiology: http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/phys/
- Department of Pharmacology: http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/medphc/
Funding: Students applying to NUS for 12 weeks should also apply for Globalink Research Award. Successful GRA applicants will not be considered for $3000 CIE funding and IE Award because the GRA amount is greater of the two.
Learn more about the Summer Research Exchange Program.