The summer program in Siena, established in 1972, was our first Summer Abroad program and was the model for the other summer programs. Since its inception, over 5300 students from across Canada have completed a University of Toronto summer course in Siena. The praise for the program has been consistently and overwhelmingly enthusiastic. Our host has been the University of Siena, Italy’s second oldest university, dating back to 1240. It is a state university with over 18,000 students.
In 2022, the Italy Summer Abroad Program will be offered from July 31st to September 2nd, with six courses to choose from:
- ANT396Y0 Italian Regional Foodways and Culture
- CRI389Y0 Current Issues in International Criminology
- FAH393Y0 Studies Abroad in Renaissance and Baroque Art and Architecture
- ITA3587/359Y0 Exploring Italian Culture, Then and Now
- IRE332Y0 Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Leadership
- PSY306Y0 Disability: Culture and Inclusion