ETH Zurich provides Summer Research opportunities in Robotics and Computer Science. For more information, please visit Summer Research Projects.
Transfer Credits: To qualify for and receive academic credits, you must follow your home faculty’s transfer credit procedures. It is your responsibility to consult with your Faculty Registrar’s office regarding transfer credits for independent summer programs. There may be fees to apply for a transfer credit assessment. Alternatively, you can choose to undertake this opportunity on a not-for-credit basis.
Faculty specific instructions:
Tuition: Paid directly to the host university.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to the host institution and pay tuition to the host institution.
- Complete the Safety Abroad requirements (including both Safety Abroad Registry and Workshop) prior to departure. Only students who complete all Safety Abroad requirements are eligible for IE Award+ and for a possible discount on program fees at the host institution.
- If you plan to apply for the transfer credit option, please ensure you follow your home faculty’s transfer credit procedures.
- Apply for an IE Award+ by May 6th (application period starts in January). Please note that the processing time for IE Awards+ applications takes up to six weeks. Additionally; if you are eligible to receive an IE Award+, your award will only be paid if and when all pre-departure requirements are completed. You will not receive funds until you are at the site of your experience.
- After host institution approval, arrange for your visa (if applicable), book your flights and accommodation, and set off on your learning abroad experience!
Academic Transcript from Host Institution: Once you have completed your summer program, ensure that an official transcript is sent directly from the host institution to your U of T faculty’s Transfer Credit Office, not to the Centre for International Experience.
For students interested in summer research in other fields than computer science, please see the website for Summer Research Exchange Program to ETH Zurich.