Summer Program 2019 (12 Credits)
This is an independent learning abroad experience that you are about to undertake. Here are the instructions that you should follow:
Transfer Credits: In terms of qualifying for and receiving academic credits, it is your responsibility to consult with your home faculty and follow their transfer credit procedures for independent summer programs. There may be fees to apply for a transfer credit assessment. Alternatively, you can choose to undertake this opportunity on a not-for-credit basis.
Faculty specific instructions:
Tuition: Paid directly to the host university.
How to Apply:
1. Apply directly to the host institution and pay tuition to the host institution.
2. Complete the Safety Abroad Registry and Safety Abroad Workshop. Only students who complete the Safety Abroad modules are eligible for IE Award+ and for a possible discount on program fees at the host institution.
3. If you plan to apply for the transfer credit option, please ensure you follow your home faculty’s transfer credit procedures.
4. Apply for an IE Award+ by May 1st (application period starts in January).
5. After host institution approval, arrange for your visa (if applicable), book your flights and accommodation, and set off on your learning abroad experience!
Academic Transcript from Host Institution: Once you have completed your summer program, ensure that an official transcript is sent directly from the host institution to your U of T faculty’s Transfer Credit Office, not to the Centre for International Experience.